It's That Time of the Month

 Tuesday, March 29, 2011

(Or: Reason #851 Why I Am Spoiled.)


I love working downtown. The hustle (and the concomitant bustle). Target, Barnes & Noble, AND Chipotle all a hop-skip-and-a-(warm in winter)-jump away through the skyways. Summertime farmer's market. Listening to live music at the plaza.

But one of my favourite local amenities is a place I get to visit every month. Because I am a member of:

Know what this card means? It means I am an official member of the super-awesome-chocolate-club. Membership fees? Nope. Minimum purchase? Nope.

For the low, low price of the odd email, I get to waltz in there once a month and pick out a truffle.

For FREE!

Free, that is, as long as you're thick-skinned and can blithely answer "no thanks!" to the inevitable "and is there anything else I can get for you?" The idea being that you'll feel so guilty getting a free truffle that you'll try to pay for it somehow. Heh. No such guilt here.

The real trick is remembering to get your chocolate each month because you can't roll the truffles over, so I have a little "Did you get your chocolate yet?" calendar reminder that recurs on the last Monday of every month. The last one because I like to saaaaave my chocolate. Just in case I have a super bad day - it's like insurance.

(Of course, my job is too awesome to have a super bad day. But one will come at some point, I'm sure. And when it does...my card will be ready.)

Lately I've been stuck on the Red Velvet Truffle. But I've been eyeing that Dark Chocolate Raspberry one.

Which one shall I choose today??

(Sigh. It's been a long month, guys. I'm running out of topics. Sorry.)

4 comments:

Marilyn P March 29, 2011 at 9:59 AM  

Oh dear, you made me remember the chocolates I've been saving for Easter, and now not sure they'll wait! I've loved this month of daily posts...surely you can keep it up?

Mom P,  March 29, 2011 at 1:22 PM  

Whether or not you can keep up the daily posts, please know how much your mother LOVED the fun and interesting peek into your lives. This long winter and slow transition to spring has been made a little easier, watching for your next creative offering.

Margaret March 29, 2011 at 5:35 PM  

No don't quit now! I just love coming to your blog every day.

peitricia mae March 29, 2011 at 9:42 PM  

Awwww, thanks y'all. Such sweetness.

Almost as sweet as the Lemon Mousse truffle I chose today (mmmm - white chocolate shell and lemon cream filling).

Almost, I say.

Post a Comment