His and Hers Chores

 Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Husband: Okay, seriously. I do not understand. How is it that certain jobs are just my jobs.


PM: Like what?

The Husband: Like the garbage. I come home, and the cans and the recycling boxes are strewn all over the driveway. And I know you got home before I did and I know you had to maneuver around them.

PM: And?

The Husband: Would it really be soo hard to just get out and put them away?

PM: Yes.

The Husband: And when I go on trips. Seriously - you can't even take it out at all? I am away and therefore we have to miss a whole week?

PM: Yes.

The Husband: How is it okay that it is just my job like that?

PM: I had the babies. You do the garbage. That's how it works.

(Oh yeah. I pulled out the "I had your babies" card. I don't use it very often. But the garbage? Puh-lease.)

4 comments:

Margaret March 16, 2011 at 1:49 PM  

Love it!!! Babies trumps garbage any day.

Anonymous,  March 16, 2011 at 6:00 PM  

I frequently shout "I sacrificed my perineum! IN THE LIVING ROOM!" when met with a particularly distasteful chore. I hope it never loses its power.

peitricia mae March 16, 2011 at 8:50 PM  

Oh Jane...that is just downright fantastic.

But remember: with great power comes great responsibility. User your perineum wisely.

Post a Comment