(2 + 2) - 1 = Totally Outnumbered

 Monday, March 21, 2011

Sigh. Know what this means?


It means The Husband is travelling.

[heavy sigh]

See, The Husband isn't a huge fan of spaghetti, so I rarely make it when he's around. In truth, I'm not usually fond of the noodles-from-a-box/sauce-from-a-jar combo myself. However, the kids love it with their whole hearts, and there's something about a liberal dose of the above on it all that turns it from blah into Reliving The Best Part of My Childhood.

It's a good thing I got the extra 10% more for free, because I think I'll probably be using it - The Husband is going on three trips back to back with a brief overnight layover between each at home.

(Knowing that he's going somewhere exotic and fun totally rubs salt in the wound that is single parenting, so we have a mutual understanding that the cooler the destination and the more I would love to go, the more undesirable is the code name we use for it. When he went to Prague, I think we referred to it as "Utica."

This current trip triad is being referred to as "Waco-Grunthal-Calgary," so I'll bet you can just guess how awesome the first two are. [The third one is actually real, though - Calgary requires no pretending that it's worse than it is.])

I will give him his due, though. He spent all day Saturday catching up the kids laundry and cleaning the house (and taking "no one messy lives here, please rent this house" pictures) just so that I could hit the ground running.

So I've got five days' worth of kids clothes, a clean house (except for laundry baskets full of homework and office supplies), and a full bottle of fake parmesan cheese.

We should be good to go.


0 comments:

Post a Comment