If A Tree Falls in the Forest, And Somebody Blogs About It, Does It Become Less Boring?

 Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I've got nothing, folks. Ho-hum, hum-drum, same-old-same-old here.

No complaints from me on that front, of course. But it does make it difficult to drum up anything interesting to post. Hence the absence.

But, if a million bloggers can somehow turn straw into gold (or, at least, write down whatever comes to mind), then who's to say I'm not one in a million?

Fairly kid-centric these days. Actually, I've been feeling like a bit of a cliche lately. I'm one mini-van and two pairs of soccer cleats away from being Suburban Mom, it seems. Chauffeuring kids to playdates/birthday parties, yelling at them to do their chores, taking them to swimming classes, walking them to the bus stop - all those things that are undoubtedly good for them but don't do a ton for my self-image as Sassy, Smart, Sophisticated Mom. Doesn't help that I'm usually wearing yesterday's jeans and a shirt with only one stain as I do it all, I suppose.

The hours not taken up by munchkins are still diving headlong into the black hole that is Stephen King, I'm afraid. I'm on Book Five now, so the end is in sight.

Aaaaand, I'm out. Plus The Girl wants the computer. When exactly did my children become computer-literate?

1 comments:

Mom P,  April 29, 2009 at 7:28 AM  

I always say that boring is better than crisis. If/when The Girl lets you back on the computer, you might want to change her age to 8! :)

Post a Comment