We Made It

 Friday, February 20, 2009

Aaaaaand we come crawling across the finish line. Our week of "guys, I'm this close to yelling - can you help me out a bit, here?" is almost done. The Husband emailed from his final layover and should be getting onto his last flight soon. He arrives in our fair city at around 5:00 am; if he's extremely lucky, he'll get an "mmmph" from his Sleeping Beauty when he slips into bed.

(Mental note: sweep all of the crumbs out of the bed. Best part of The Husband's business trips? Eating Old Dutch whilst between the sheets. Shhhh, don't tell.)

Actually, it's been a decent week. The Littles were ah-may-zing on Tuesday and Wednesday, when I had to drag them to church small group and ESL class respectively. Armed with movies and snacks, they were quiet little meeces. So they were rewarded with a trip to Target and some little treats yesterday.

(Grody. They talked me into doughnuts and popcorn twists. I've had neither for a couple of years, I think. My stomach is still protesting yesterday's assault-by-sprinkles.)

And today, treat of all treats, I got to go out for supper with one of my BFFs and it was simply divine. Her SAINT of a husband watched my brood while we went out for a good old-fashioned girl chat. The Littles were simply crushed when we rescued him came home because they had had such a good time. Their ad hoc guardian? Well, another jewel in his crown for Mr. Mary Poppins, methinks. When I got home I had to physically remove The Boy, who was fiercely kicking his caretaker and exultantly exclaiming something about damage points.

So, a much better non-Husband week than usual. Here's hoping we don't have the opportunity to try this again anytime soon.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  February 20, 2009 at 9:36 PM  

If I look a bit achey when we see you at breakfast tomorrow, you can probably guess why ;) Nonetheless, it went by fast, and we had fun, so I'm glad to do it for y'all! (There's the southernism of the day for you).

Post a Comment