And Then There Were Three...

 Monday, February 16, 2009

Whenever The Husband travels, it's always the missing toothbrush that gets me. There's just something about that empty place in the ol' toothbrush holder that declares This Household Is Incomplete.

And we're incomplete for awhile around here - The Husband left for the wintery wastes of Alaska on Saturday morning and won't return until next Saturday. That's seven whooooole days of solo-Little-ing, attempting to escape the evil clutches of the ever-lurking Crazy.

But I'm determined to a) stay sane and b) stay (moderately) happy and un-harpy while c) not requiring ill-advised amounts of wine and/or Old Dutch Plain Ripple Chips to do so.

(I did pick up four new Terry Prachett books on Friday, though. I'm finished 1.5 so far, so there's a good chance they'll last until The Husband returns.)

Yesterday we livened things up a bit with a picnic, complete with weiner roasting and s'mores:

And then I was treated to my very own entertainment show with an exciting interview with Senor Pablo, rock star:

(Sorry for the camera shakes - I was laughing.)

Today is President's Day - which is wonderfully more lovely when you're actually happy with the sitting President - so I'm home with the kids all day again. Pro: only four days of work this week that I have to fit into the time when the kids are at school or sleeping. Con: I've already had to complete two worlds in Super Mario Bros. (pronounced "Brose") and the Barbies are waiting for me.

And there's the "Moo-oom - are you done yet?" Gotta go!

1 comments:

Margaret February 16, 2009 at 4:39 PM  

that video is so funny - you have very imaginative children.

Post a Comment