A Hallway Conversation Overheard

 Monday, February 9, 2009

The Husband: Hey, know what? Guess what we've got?

The Boy: What?

The Husband: Couches. They're awesome.

The Boy: Really?

The Husband: Yep. You can do all sorts of things on them. Play your Nintendo DS, sit with a stuffed cat, just relax.... Pretty much anything you want.

The Boy: Oh.

The Husband: Hey, did you want to go sit on one now and try it out?

The Boy: Nah, I'm okay here right now.

(The funniest part was that when he was finished, he came out asking where the couches were.)

5 comments:

Anonymous,  February 9, 2009 at 6:49 PM  

Can't remember when I laughed this hard...works especially well when the computer screen isn't huge, and one reads most/all of the dialogue before the picture appears! Made my day!

Chrystie February 10, 2009 at 7:37 PM  

I love the boy! Made me laugh out loud!

Margaret February 11, 2009 at 10:32 AM  

do you just laugh every day at your house? i am laughing very hard.

Laurel February 11, 2009 at 9:59 PM  

I LOVE stories about those kids? How do you not laugh?

peitricia mae February 12, 2009 at 5:54 AM  

Oh yeah, there's a lot of laughing. Also lots of gritting teeth and saying, "someday I'll laugh about this."

But they're in a pretty hilarious stage right now - old enough to say and do some off the wall stuff, young enough to be unconscious of it still. Better laugh while I can.

Post a Comment