Is the Patient Supposed to Buzz Like That?

 Friday, January 23, 2009

The Husband's away on a business trip (Orlando, lucky bum), and we all know what that means in the Peitricia Mae household - a special type of crazy leading swiftly to a rollercoaster descent into madness.

That The Boy is currently serving a "no screen time until approximately 2011" sentence does not make this easier. Without any television/computer/video game time to lull us all into semi-catatonic states, and with the temperature plummeting once again, it becomes a tad difficult to keep everybody occupied.

Although they do come up with some, shall we say, inventive ideas. Witness The Girl's ... "craft" above. I'm not quite sure what to call this. Or why the horse has no front body other than that there was more horse than cardboard.

Yesterday I tried to be somewhat responsible, so I set the oven timer for 15 minutes and made everybody clean. I had no idea they gave out awards for being the Worst Mother in the World - but my mantel is sagging under the weight of last night's sweeping win.

Tonight I raised the white flag and we hit Noodles & Company followed by Target. Our task: find something cheap, fun, and indoors that does not use pixels.

Oh yeah...Operation! I love that game. We never had it when I was a kid, but I'd beg my friends to let me play. This one even has sound effects, so the dislocated femur and the abundance of flatulence have that real life feel.

Fortunately The Husband's home tomorrow, so it will have been a brief foray into this desolate swamp. Now if I can only get through Saturday morning without the luxury of sending The Boy down to watch cartoons....

Finally, some gratuitous cuteness for you. The kids have taken to sleeping in the bunk beds lately because they like each other's company, and the other night we went in for a final tuck-in and realized that they really do like each other sometimes:

0 comments:

Post a Comment