Cost Benefit Analysis

 Thursday, January 22, 2009

Moving three summers in a row to chase enrollment in immersion schools = (150 boxes packed and unpacked) x 3

Tuition at one of these schools = 1 delayed house downpayment

Amount of tears shed over three "first day at a new school"s in three years = Buckets


The Awesome that came home in The Girl's backpack yesterday:


Priceless.

(Seriously - it's a chapter book...with no pictures...en francais...and it's The Babysitter's Club. I suddenly totally don't resent one single sacrifice we've made in the past three years.)

3 comments:

Laurel January 22, 2009 at 9:36 PM  

How much joy did that bring my heart to see Claudia and all her friends being passed to another generation?

I wonder if that's the book you were reading when you decided to not come out and play with me...

peitricia mae January 22, 2009 at 10:37 PM  

Ha - I bet it totally was. You got ditched for Claudia Kishi and her off-beat fashion sense and her very own phone line.

Chrystie January 23, 2009 at 6:00 PM  

It always made me mad that they spelled "Chrystie" wrong!

I love The Girl! And I love the joy she brings you, PM. Warms my heart!

Post a Comment