Hooray, It's the Weekend! Or Maybe Not.

 Thursday, January 29, 2009

It has totally felt like Friday all day. I hate it when it feels like Friday on a Thursday.

I did it to myself by going grocery shopping yesterday. Yes, such a creature of habit am I that grocery shopping is a "Thursday thing" and I messed up my internal clock entirely by doing a "Thursday thing" immediately following a "Wednesday thing." And so today I have been doing "Friday things" like thinking longingly of sleeping in tomorrow and not bothering to put my kids to bed. Sigh.

It's felt like a busy week, which might contribute to my sense that I've done five days' worth of things in four. And is it just me, or is it about time for spring to show up? How can it only be the end of January? Today my boss accidentally typed "goog" instead of "good" to me (yes, we IM from three cubicles away - we are total geeks in my office), and suddenly I needed to be at BDI eating a goog. Alas, I am not.

Plus I'm getting tired of this recession. It's amazing what anxiety about one's finances will do. We have the same cash flow stream we had a year ago and we have less of it flowing out into the coffers of the private school, so in theory, we're doing awesome.

And yet I worry. I hate reading the newspaper every day, only to find out how many more people have lost their jobs. 500 people yesterday at Target HQ alone. My bus seems like it's getting emptier on my commute.

Blech. It's cold and dark and scary out there. Oh well. At least I get not one, but two Fridays this week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment