Vendredi V - First Edition

 Friday, March 14, 2008

Might be the spring fever, might be the TGIF-ness in the air, but I thought it would be fun to start a new feature here on PGT: a weekly top five list (or bi-weekly or even monthly, depending on my ability to fight my tendencies towards laziness), a list designed to give everyone an opportunity to fritter away the last hours of the work week as they ponder their own list.

Well, at least it will give me a chance to do some frittering; y'all can do as you like. But I'll try to post it a bit earlier in the day from this point on in order to give you plenty of time to ruminate.

For this inaugural post, I'm feeling a bit nostalgic. Borrowing shamelessly from other blogs that feature a letter to one's 13-year-old self, I thought I'd start with this:

Top Five Things I Wish I Could Say to 13-year-old Peitricia Mae:

1. Boys are dumb at this age and not worth pining over. (But they do get better.)

2. Lose the neon and figure out a way to style your hair that does not involve a half-ponytail and a curling iron. For goodness sake!

3. Those so-called BFFs? They'll betray you because they, like you, are formed from that noxious mix of selfishness and drama exclusive to young teenagers. (But stick close to that Chrystie girl in French class and that Laurel girl who hangs out with her with whom you used to be friends until you blew her off in third grade because you would rather read - they'll be around for awhile.)

4. No one will remember that you dropped and extensively damaged the school's baritone saxophone (and this is faaaaaar from being your most embarrassing moment, I'm afraid to say).

5. Just because blue eyeshadow exists does not mean it looks good on everyone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment