Vendredi V - Coulda Shoulda Woulda Edition

 Friday, May 2, 2008

So I've been a blogger slacker this week. Not for lack of time, inclination, or even ideas. I sat down at the computer and...it just kinda didn't happen.

But, if I had somehow been able to get past the writer's block:

Top 5 Blog Posts I Thought About Writing this Week

1. Adding Insult to Injury. Watching people fall is horrible. Watching a woman be hurled out of her wheelchair when its wheel gets caught in road construction right in front of you is about as bad as it gets. Standing frozen and frantically wondering if it could do any possible good to offer her my weak-armed assistance while unintentionally staring at her - I still feel terrible.

2. In Praise of the Semi-Colon. I read a fabulous article on this, my favourite piece of punctuation. I think I'll save my thoughts though - keep watching this space for what will no doubt be an amusing and thought-provoking article about this elegant yet sassy symbol.

3. Taking the Plunge. I've invited people from church over for lunch this coming Sunday. And I'm very nervous. One's first Sunday lunch invite at a new church is *always* momentous.

4. Parent-Teacher Conferences. Last week we were told that one of our children is sweet but has trouble following the rules while the other, although exhibiting unbelievably neat cursive writing, nonetheless puts too much pressure on the pencil. Any guesses as to which child is which?

5. Winter - the Gift that Keeps on Giving. So much for moving south. They're calling for snow tomorrow, of all things.

Who knows, maybe each one of these things will stay in my mind long enough to warrant its own post. Or something crazy will happen in the next while which will supplant their positions of prominence. Like today - I accidentally hit the alarm bell in the elevator and then, panicked, I hit the "Fire Call Cancel" button because it said "cancel." I told the security guard who wearily answered the first one that I hit the button by accident, but do you think I inadvertently called the fire department, too? And forced the evacuation of the tallest building in Minneapolis? On a very rainy Friday afternoon? You'd think some sort of alarm would've sounded....sigh.

2 comments:

Margaret May 2, 2008 at 5:49 PM  

the evacuation part of your story is the funniest! I couldn't quit laughing.

peitricia mae May 2, 2008 at 6:12 PM  

Oh, just wait until there's an email at my work on Monday: "Would the unidentified loser who pushed the fire alarm in the elevator and left the building please report to security immediately."

Then we'll both be laughing.

Post a Comment