Semi-Homemade, Anyone?

 Thursday, February 21, 2008

I love my kids' daycare.

The primary caregivers are two young ladies in their early twenties who have an informal but caring attitude towards my kids (read: they don't bother getting off the couch as they drink their Caribou Coffees when we arrive in the morning, but they always call out a warm "hey there"). It's right in the school, they allow us to do drop-in after-school care when The Husband travels unexpectedly, and they make sure the Pokemon colouring pages are well-stocked.

This week is the kids' Spring Break #1 (for some reason, they get a mid-winter break *and* a spring break), so they're getting full day care. And much as I know that the availability of said care is what prevents me from having to take precious holiday time, today's "special activity" gave me pause.

What is it about Betty Crocker Warm Delights Hot Fudge Brownie Just Add Water and Microwave...

...that says "baking project"?!

Seriously - it's a "microwave safe" (read: scientists have not yet proven its carcinogenic properties) bowl filled with powder. All you need to do is add water, stir, and radioactivate.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  February 22, 2008 at 8:50 AM  

It's like an EasyBake, only with more radiation!

Anonymous,  February 22, 2008 at 1:07 PM  

Bwa ha ha!!! Oh man, that rivals the pre-school craft activity of my childhood, "pudding fingerpaint"! I'm sure that if you place it on the fireplace mantel, it will solidify and last for years and years to come.

peitricia mae February 22, 2008 at 7:16 PM  

I actually made pudding once in a kindergarten "cooking class," so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

EasyBake was better. At least you got to push the little tin pan along with the special pusher-stick (its technical name).

Post a Comment