Tagged!

 Monday, October 1, 2007

One of my bestest girls "tagged" me last week. New to the world of blogging, I had to ask what that means. Apparently, I now write out 8 things about myself that you likely didn't know. (I think I'm also supposed to "tag" 3 other people, but since I only read two other blogs and they've both been tagged, I think I'm off the hook....)

In no particular order:

#1 - I am terrified of meteor showers. It all goes back to Grade 9 and "The Day of the Triffids" by John Wyndham - a book that I read for bonus marks for Mr. Gandhi. (Perhaps what is more terrifying is that it was only one of 30 books I read that year for extra marks. Bwa-ha-ha - my geekdom knows no bounds!) I refuse to watch meteor showers to this day. You may laugh, but someday when you're all blind the day after you watch a particularly fantastic meteor shower and you are stumbling around in terror and I have to come save you from the now-mobile-man-eating plants - you won't be laughing.

#2 - I ate two McChickens after officially declaring my vegetarianism. I blame The Girl - I was pregnant and she insisted that I do so from her recently-occupied womb-room.

#3 - My 15 minutes of fame are up. In Grade 4, I wrote a riveting and multi-layered story about an understudy acrobat who gets her triumphant moment in the sun for a Shrine Circus contest. I won a bike and got to parade that bike proudly around one of the three rings at the circus, dodging elephant poop. Even more exciting, I got to read my story on the Uncle Bob Show. Put *that* in your smoke and pipe it, Brangelina!

#4 - The semi-colon is my favourite piece of punctuation. (That may not count - I think that's fairly well-known.)

#5 - I cannot eat oranges. They make me retch. Apparently I had no problem with them when I was very little, but I cannot remember ever liking them. Even the smell makes my eyes water and I can smell them a lunchroom away. Or worse - smelling them on someone's hands right after lunch. I have worked my way up to mandarin oranges from the can. But somehow grapefruits - which used to be on the "okay" list - have made their way onto the "I think I'm gonna barf" list, so I guess it's a trade-off.

#6 - The first movie I ever saw in the theatre was "Back to the Future III." I went with my bestest friend in Grade 7 and had to cajole and beg and plead to get permission from my parents, who were unsure whether a deacon's daughter should be seen entering a movie theatre. (This tidbit links up quite funnily to when our family got our first VCR. Our parents rented "Sleeping Beauty" for us kids, and then spirited away both TV and VCR to their bedroom for a private showing of a "grown-up movie." The movie not suitable for young eyes? "Back to the Future.")

#7 - I have been wearing the same black belt since Grade 8. It is a black leather belt that was purchased from the sale rack at Rieger's clothing and doesn't even look right because it was cut off on one end and extra nail holes put in on the other given that it was originally for a man with a waist of 42". Now *that's* cheap!

#8 - I am adamant that used underwear be washed before it goes in the garbage. To my mind, the only thing to do with underwear that is past its prime is to throw it out - who really wants it when the elastic is all stretched and Victoria's Secret ain't so secret anymore. But it must be washed and dried before sent to its final resting place at the dump.

So there you have it - eight things about me you possibly never knew and now wish you didn't!

0 comments:

Post a Comment