The Origin of Sweetness

 Sunday, December 19, 2010

"Where I'm From"

I am from delicious taco Fridays, from the loud coffee maker, and homemade hummus.

I am from sweet Vancouver and Winnipeg.

I am from strolling on the wandered trails of the bush and fresh-picked raspberries.

I am from ice cream cake on my birthday and blue eyes, from H to Emster, Peters and Kroeker.

I am from the rainy day read-a-thons and sleeping in till eleven o'clock.

From "wait a second, I'm almost done" to "if I could have any little girl in the world, I would choose you."

I am from Mennonites.

I'm from Peter's mistake, the kryptonite, and my dad's gray hair.

I am from pranksters and tricksters.

I'm from a kiss on the cheek and the sound of my nighttime radio.


~ by The Girl

(Edited - I didn't know we had a multi-media version, so you can hear the poetess yourself!)

3 comments:

Mom P,  December 19, 2010 at 7:01 PM  

Wow, a talented writer, just like her mother!

Anonymous,  December 20, 2010 at 12:11 PM  

I am in tears. This is just beautiful - The Girl is hugely talented!!

Post a Comment