Guess We Won't Be Needing Those

 Monday, December 13, 2010

Sigh.

Poor The Boy. He and The Husband were supposed to go to the game yesterday as a (very) belated birthday present. They'd been planning it for months. We made arrangements for The Girl to stay at a friend's place weeks ago. The Boy was counting down the days until Sunday. The Husband juggled his travel arrangements to make sure he only flew out after the game.

Sigh.

Quite the dumping of snow we got over the weekend. I missed the majority of the fun, having beat it out of town early Friday afternoon up to a fabulous weekend away with some BFFs in extra-fabulous Fargo. By the time I got back, the interstates were mostly clear, and even the side streets I needed were okay.

Fairly serious snow mountains at every corner. We even drove past the dome yesterday - so strange to have no roof.

Not so strange is that I'm playing both Mr. and Mrs. Mom roles again this week. Not that I minded today, as it gave me an excuse to work from home, avoid venturing out into the deep freeze, and listening to Christmas music.

Oh, the weather outside is frightful, indeed.

Post a Comment