Par-TAY at PM's This Weekend!

 Friday, July 16, 2010

Oh yes, good, good times ahead. The kids are grooving to the beat of the All-Mom-All-The-Time channel and I've got a hot date with my latest page-turner and a couple of Fort Garrys.

Because nothing says total coolness like reading and drinking alone.

Alas, alone I am/we are. The Husband's "quick overnight trip" got a headstart with "Would you be okay if I left on Tuesday already?" and has extended nebulously into next week sometime with "Things aren't going well...I think I might be home on Monday night."

But it's not like I had to coordinate piano lessons, final soccer game, and wind-up party all in one night by myself.

(Oh wait...)

Fortunately, I didn't have to take the kids to my ESL class last night, bursting in late due to never-before-seen levels of traffic and then attempting to teach semi-professionally with a child on my lap.

(Uh, well...)

Well, at least The Boy wasn't home sick today, necessitating a pitiful request for my second work-from-home day in three days plus frequent administrations of Sprite and saltines.

(Yeah, about that...)

Luckily, I don't have to sneak into the airport parking garage sometime tomorrow since we got invited to a Sunday boat party 45 minutes away, and the car that doesn't have a balding tire and an untrustworthy hold on its transmission fluid happens to be somewhere on level 5, waiting patiently for its owner who thought he was coming home tonight.

(Totally not suspicious at all...driving in with one car, leaving it behind, and then driving out with another one. Think I'll get away with "you've seen one Jetta, you've seen'em all?"

[Actually, now that I think about it, I think that this is not my best plan ever.])

3 comments:

Mom P,  July 17, 2010 at 10:26 AM  

That's a bit crazy, and I hope you and the kids will have a good weekend despite everything! I think you need my prayers right about now.

Chad July 17, 2010 at 9:02 PM  

Wow! And I thought my life was busy! You're an awesome Mom and you're quite amazing at keeping everything under control. Have a good time at the boat party!

Lenora July 17, 2010 at 9:08 PM  

Oops...Chad was still signed in when I sent the last message...but I'm sure he'd agree with me.

Post a Comment