The Time Has Come, The Walrus Said...

 Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Quick technology update: we've enacted a Do Not Resuscitate order on the laptop and expect our new hardware to arrive early next week. We should be up and running and back on the internets as soon as my onsite IT professional can hook up all the wire thingeys.

Summer car today! I love the first time in spring when you get in the car and it's all stuffy and you haul off your coat and you turn off the seat warmers and open up the sunroof. LOVE it!

All is well in PM-land. We've been busy, but no more or less than usual.

Lots of Olympic action here. We were surprised by how much NBC covered Canadian athletes. Friends were over for the first US/Canada hockey match, and they were gracious winners. We were hanging out with Americans for the final game, too, and I hope we were equally humble. I do think my heart stopped for a few minutes there, though.

Surprisingly, no one at work wanted to talk about the hockey game. Although, I didn't want anyone to ask me about the closing ceremonies either, so it was okay. I mean, really VANOC. Canada is a land of incredible music and you give them...Avril? Nickelback? Some girl from Canadian Idol?

And you had William Shatner (Captain Kirk!!) and Catherine O'Hara and you gave them nothing to work with? Canadians are the best in the world at snarky, fly-low-under-the-radar humour, yet you decide to represent us with lowest common denominator mean-spirited insults?

And inflatable beavers? Lumberjacks? Moose antlers for everyone? Stay classy, Canada!

Hmmm, what else. The Boy is totally obsessed with Mario Kart Wii and plays until his eyes get sore (at which point he switches to his Nintendo DSI). The Girl sets her alarm so she can wake up early to read more Wizard of Oz books. The Husband has turned into a running fiend.

Oh yeah, the running! It's still going okay. I haven't updated my stats for awhile, but I'm keeping it up. Took a bit of a relaxed week last week and definitely felt it, so I'm trying to work back up to where I was. I don't hate every step any more, although all the ones after about the 2-mile mark are pretty much not my favourite.

And there's the door - munchkins are home!

1 comments:

Margaret March 3, 2010 at 11:28 PM  

glad you're back - you were missed.

Post a Comment