Bad Blogger!

 Saturday, September 27, 2008

Ack, it's been a bit tumbleweed-going-by around here lately! Sorry about that. Hey, if McCain can suspend his campaign due to the economic crisis, surely I can suspend a bit o' blogging.

Busy, busy these days, but mostly run of the mill stuff. We're still doing some beginning of school activities with Curriculum Nights and New Family Nights. I had ESL class this week, and on Thursday The Girl and I went to see Little House on the Prairie: The Musical.

It was actually pretty good. In a bit of stunt casting of their own, the producers cast Melissa Gilbert (Laura in the television series) as Ma. Significant misrepresentation of the Laura character, tremendous liberties with the storyline, a tad too much singing, but overall I liked it. The Girl sat rapt with attention for most of it and managed to stay awake all the way until the end, so two thumbs up from her.

Then yesterday my parents arrived for a weekend visit. So nice having them here (and not only because they hang out with the kids and indulge them in all the dollhouse-playing/craft-making/video-gaming that I really dislike).

And that's about it - pretty boring really. Of course, I'm trying to pretend that this country isn't seriously considering a $700 billion reward for fiscal mismanagement or a vice-presidential candidate who tells Katie Couric "I'll get back to you" when asked for specific examples of her running mate's past reforms. I'm also trying not to be peeved that I'm not eligible to vote in Canada because apparently I need to have a date of intended return in order to register. And as a result, I'm trying not to think about the repercussions of the fact that I don't have a date of intended return.

So, no blogging as a result of denial, I guess, not because there's nothing to blog about. But don't worry - the vice-presidential debates are next week. Lots of fuel for the fire there. If, that is, I can manage to watch them - so far I'm able to watch only the smallest snippets of Palin and then only through cracks between the fingers of one hand covering my eyes with a finger of my other hand hovering over the mute button.

1 comments:

Margaret September 27, 2008 at 10:25 PM  

I have to admit...I missed your blogging and hoped you hadn't left us all in limbo.

Hi to your folks!

Post a Comment