Welcome to My New Home on the Internets (or, When Luddites Blog)

 Monday, August 20, 2007

For the record, I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with blogs. There are some I love (and there are a few) which keep me coming back for their provoking and accurate commentaries on aspects of life I consider important.

Then there are the rest - I've often wondered what compels people to expose the minutiae of their lives in all their mundane glory. I've always had the suspicion that, were I to stop hiding behind my potentially inaccurate view that bloggers are losers who think that their insipid musings deserve world-wide exposure (all friends and smart bloggers excepted, of course) and throw my own hat into the ring, my blog would be no more interesting than your run-of-the-mill Facebook site.

And that may prove true. But if you're here, then it means that these particular run-of-the-mill musings are important to you because you are interested in our family and our upcoming moving adventure. In which case, welcome.

A couple of notes before we get going: I lack follow-through. I am committed to new things for a period of time inversely proportional to the amount of effort required. Which means there will likely be a lot of posts for the first while, a dearth as my attention wanders like one of my English Composition students in a lesson on comma splices, and then a flurry as guilt poisons any newer-and-therefore-more-exciting pursuit until I catch up. Please bear with me.

In addition, I am a slow poster because I tend to self-edit to an excrutiating degree. Plus I have to look up words like "minutiae"

Finally, I am adverse to new technology. It is a miracle this blog exists; please do not expect further miracles. Like fancy fonts. Or links. I will try to figure out pictures and movies.

Until next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  August 21, 2007 at 11:28 AM  

VERY nice! And a great way to update family and friends. Looking forward to checking daily.
- Mom P

TheKlinc August 21, 2007 at 12:59 PM  

Enjoyed the blog introduction! Waiting for the next installment.
-Mom K

Post a Comment