Phew!

 Wednesday, August 29, 2007

It's been a busy couple of days. So busy, in fact, that I could not even squeeze in the time to post my tirade against the powers-that-be who seem to have decided that I am a legal nonentity as far as this move is concerned. No worries - I'll get to it another day - there is no shortage of righteous anger for this girl.

Right now the packers are encasing our life's possessions into boxes. (The boxes are actually my favourite part of this move - who doesn't need a household's worth of good quality boxes?!) The kids have been taken to the park by a very, very kind friend.

Things continue to move along relatively smoothly. The Husband had his first and second days at his job and it seems to have gone well. This morning he had to get up at the crack of dawn in order to attend an off-site meeting - ah, the working world. He spent last night driving around our new neighbourhood to see if it really is as good as it looked on our quick run-through - yup, it is, hooray!

Whilst my partner is taking leisurely drives, I am working like someone on a chain gang. Well, without the chain. One would think that having other people pack would leave little to do - au contraire. I was up until 2:00 am last night prepping the house, and up again at 6:00 to finish up. And there's still more, but there's only two of them, so I've got a bit of breathing room.

My car got picked up today. Shipping my car has become a small nightmare (a night-foal, if you will). We are still waiting on necessary documentation and the paperwork we have completed has been declared no good. Plus it has to go to Minneapolis by rail via Edmonton (I have no idea why), so by the time I get it, I'll be glad that I didn't take my winter tires off last spring.

Sorry, this is a shortie and lacking in insight. But we're alive and well, and soon I'll have looooooots of time to post on my blog. And organize my recipes. And clean out the vents on my car with a cotton swab.

P.S. A big shout-out to "finchcramer" - thanks for the unsecured wireless internet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment