Dinner of Champions

 Monday, May 7, 2012

The Husband is travelling this week. And you know what that means...

...ZERO incentive to cook.

It also means a project. That may or may not include oil-based primer - huzzah! But don't tell The Husband. He's pretending he doesn't know that I'm doing it.


Most of the time I really enjoy cooking. I like trying new recipes and I especially like the never-ending quest of finding meals that suit all of our palates.

(If you know of something that is vegan, tomato-free, lentil-free, sweet potato-free, chickpea-free, is not a soup, and can survive eight hours in a crockpot and still be fantastic...I am all ears. In the meantime, every person gets a vote and anything that scores 2.5 out of 4 gets put into the rotation.)

But without The Husband to back me up (which he always valiantly does, even if he later tells me privately that he would be okay if we didn't have that particular combination of lentils again - although he assures me that he is still willing to try to like them), I lose heart. I just can't face it.

Especially on a Monday.

Especially when Mondays kids eat for 99 cents at the best buffet ever.

(And yes, I know as soon as I say "buffet," the bar plummets and as long as the bacon bits aren't in the jello, we're talking high quality.)

But this one is a good one, honest. It's got tons of fresh veggies in the salad bar and lots of vegetarian options and fresh fruit in the dessert bar.

Of course, you can lead those horses to water...


..but you can't make them eat anything except chocolate muffins, french fries, and breadsticks drink.

Oh well. At least olives are kind of a vegetable, yes?

1 comments:

Mom P,  May 12, 2012 at 9:25 AM  

A break from your family's normal super-healthy eating isn't a problem at all! It's great to party a little (and give you a holiday from cooking) when the Husband is away for a few days.

Post a Comment