Bonne Anniversaire!

 Friday, July 1, 2011




I get tired of always working on Canada Day, listening to my beloved CBC hosts love up the Great White North, knowing that all my folks back home are hangin' out and grousin' about Stephen Harper (because there's no better way to be Canadian than mixing complaining and politics). I sit at my desk, surreptitiously wiping tears (don't laugh - I'm patriotic), listening to the chatter about 4th of July plans around me.

Not this year!

Nope, I took me a whole day off! This, in the land of "paid holiday time? But then they wouldn't be working," is fairly significant.

So how will I celebrate?

Painting the hallways, cleaning out the mudroom, catching up on laundry, putting the books on the shelves and drinking coffee all while trying not to melt given that it's already 28 degrees outside and it's not even 9 am.

Glorious and free, indeed.

2 comments:

Mom P,  July 1, 2011 at 11:53 AM  

You certainly have the right T-shirts! ...and porch swing...I'd love to sit on the swing with you today!

Happy Canada Day to y'all!

hapi July 6, 2011 at 1:55 PM  

Hi peitricia mae, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!

Post a Comment