On Your Mark...Get Set...

 Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Oh, we are so close!


Close to closing that is - we get the keys to our new house on Friday at 9 AM sharp! Tomorrow night is the full-costume dress rehearsal when we have our final walk-through (I guess just to make sure the sellers haven't made off with my sweet, sweet gas stove or something). The kids get to see the house for the first time tomorrow night, and they're pretty pumped.

I know I'm pumped, because I'm ready to get this whole house party started. Procrastinator that I am, I have packed exactly ONE box since finding out that I would be moving this spring. I'm really hoping that seeing the house gives me inspiration to get a few more boxes packed.

Of course, packing would probably have been easier this past month when I was twiddling my thumbs. Once we get those keys, it'll be a mad dash to the finish line as we try to cram in a bunch of quick upgrades before we move in. Nothing huge - although the cherry-red-church-sanctuary-circa-1970 carpet in the master bedroom is definitely not staying.

We got renters for our current place (did I tell you that?) that are moving in on June 1, so we have a perfect window of a few weeks with both houses so we can pack one up and ready the other. Not sure when moving day will be - kinda depends on how long the list of things we want to do ends up being, and how many of those things we actually can do.

Oooo - it's so exciting!

1 comments:

Marilyn P April 28, 2011 at 10:55 AM  

That IS exciting! I can feel with you ... I've accepted an offer on my townhouse and today plan to put an offer on a condo/apt, so I'm still in the 'suspense' stage! Best wishes to you.

Post a Comment