Happy May Long, Everyone!

 Monday, May 24, 2010

Hope you all had a nice day off. Some of us had to work today.

(However, since it was Monday, "work" = sitting with my computer in the sunny dining room, drinking Dunn Bros. coffee, and listening to CBC all day. Extra hardship, I know. They should really give me danger pay for this gig.)

My handy weather icon has been flashing a Severe! Thunderstorm! Watch! for Steinbach all day, which sounds juuuuust about right when it comes to the die-hard May long campers. High of 5 degrees sounds a bit more normal, but if you can't have cold I suppose you'll have to make do with otherwise inappropriate-for-a-long-weekend weather.

So anyway, hope y'alls enjoyed yourself. I'll be thinking of you when I get my day off next week. However, nobody down here calls it what you're supposed to. Which I realized last week after talking about my May long plans and I once again got strange looks and that catch-all phrase "must be a Canadian thing."

0 comments:

Post a Comment