Tough Crowd

 Wednesday, April 28, 2010

New recipe for black bean veggie burgers: a conversation.

The Girl: Mom, these burgers aren't really my favourite.**

PM: Ah, well, they're an experiment. I can try something different next time.

The Girl: It's a failed one, then. Yeah, I'd definitely say that this experiment FAILED.

The Boy: [retching and gagging, ultimately spitting his mouthful onto the plate] I CANNOT eat anymore of this. More mayonnaise is not helping.


** This is actually an improvement. After several years of petulant whining and declarations of the barf-tas-tic-ness of some of my less well-received culinary forays, we have agreed upon "this is not my favourite" as an acceptable form of registering disapproval while avoiding sending me into a rage of Do you know how hard I worked on this?! You are eating homemade ______, made from SCRATCH and it took me two hours and you can't even be the least bit grateful and polite about it?!

1 comments:

Anonymous,  April 29, 2010 at 9:06 AM  

That's much better than "YUCK!", followed by the spitting out of the offending food item. I look forward to a more polite rejection style in Oscar's future.

Post a Comment