TGIF!

 Friday, December 28, 2007

I love Fridays. Yes, I am aware that I didn't actually work a full five-day work week to deserve this one. It was, in fact, only 20% of a legitimate work week.

But that doesn't negate the fact that it was still a tough day. Having been off since last Friday yet knowing it was the day before the weekend, I felt like it was Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday-Friday all rolled into one. Add a deadline I knew I had to meet by the end of today and I am plum tuckered out.

Oh, and I revealed myself at work to be the true uber-geek that I am. Asked to provide a few personal details about myself to include in a company-wide introduction email, I, of course, said I enjoyed reading Canadian and 19th century British lit, cooking and walking around the lake. Seriously.

Probably the nerdiest aspect of it all is that it took me a full five minutes to come up with that list. Those three things are officially the coolest things about me. Sigh. It has indeed been a long day.

Which is probably why "TGIF" for me means eating eggs and toast for supper, idly helping my kids make bead necklaces, and later frittering away hours online while catching a bit of Transformers out of the corner of my eye. And yes, it is all as exciting and super-cool as it sounds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment