A Banquet *And* A Dance? O, It's Too Much Happiness.

 Thursday, November 29, 2007

Yesterday was one of those dizzying days when all of the good things that they say come in threes came all at once. It was a veritable feast of wonders.

The appetizer: a car repair that came in under budget. Waaaay under budget. It also brought with it the removal of a very loud noise from my car and the discovery of "The Volkswagen Man" (our new car repair shop of choice). Which, given my propensity towards all accidents vehicular, is a very good thing.

The main course: gainful employment. Yes, after sending in my formal acceptance of a letter of offer, I am once again a working stiff, a puncher of clocks, a bringer home of (veggie) bacon. I actually had a successful first and second interview a few weeks ago, but there was some delay while they conducted a background check to ensure I had no skeletons rattling in my closets, so I've been on pins and needles for awhile.

I am really excited about this job for so many reasons. I spent a fair amount of time there during my interviews and the office is in a great location and the people seem friendly and warm. From what I can tell, it brings together all the things about my previous job that I loved: collaboration, meticulousness and style guides.

The plan is that I will start in a week and a half; we just need to work through the immigration issue and I need to put all the appropriate childcare into place. The Boy will start at the same school The Girl attends on Monday and we'll ease them into the before school program hopefully next Thursday. So today my day will be filled with purchasing new school uniforms, arranging before-school care and making appointments for immunizations. After the last time, I think the victims-to-be will be told about the upcoming event when we pull into the clinic parking lot and I think I'll bring The Husband along for emotional and physical support.

Finally, the dessert: a call from the theatre company saying that the free draw slip I had idly filled out a number of weeks ago was pulled and I am the winner of four free tickets to an upcoming production of A Christmas Carol.

All told, quite a day. I totally should've bought a Powerball ticket.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  November 30, 2007 at 6:43 PM  

What a GREAT day!! So good to hear that you got a job! And winning those tickets - so good! On the job front for me - one person received a full-time job! And a big sigh of releif for me! I can stay home! MF

Post a Comment