Ack! Bad Blogger!

 Monday, November 12, 2007

Yet *another* "oh-i'm-so-sorry-i-haven't-had-time-to-update" for you. Last week's swift descent into chaos, which tends to happen when The Husband travels for longer than two days, was immediately followed by some more weekend company so there was just enough time in between the two to press the reset button on the house and that's about it.

We had another great weekend showing our out-of-town guests around "our" city. (Wonder how long I'll need those quotation marks?) That those guests happened to be Grandma and Grandpa was extra-special as The Girl and The Boy definitely miss all their grandparents. There was shopping and fort-building and lots of earnest lectures about all the different kinds of Pokemon (The Boy's latest obsession). My in-laws were even kind enough to offer to stay with our munchkins one night so The Husband and I could go out for a grown-up supper.

Weekends such as this underscore how quickly we've become accustomed to this place. Well, it seems relatively quick to me. I consider myself directionally challenged at the best of times and it was quite a triumph to be able to chauffeur everyone around. Pointing out the sights and coming up with the odd bit of local lore felt good, too.

Today felt like a return to routine, which we all know is my nirvana. Consistency, predicability, repetition - that's what keeps me feeling grounded. And as much as it's not my ideal routine, it's a rhythm nonetheless and I'm grateful for it. Getting everyone out of the house, dropping The Girl off at school, coming home to scour the Internet for jobs, a bit of Curious George over lunchtime followed by a little outing with The Boy before picking up The Girl fills up my weekdays quite nicely. Well, enough for now, I guess.

0 comments:

Post a Comment