Hibernating

 Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Is it spring yet?

Bah on winter. We're in the worst stretch right now. It's cold. And dark. And flu-tastic. And trip-tastic (the one thing I hate most about the first quarter of the year is that the travel ban at The Husband's work gets lifted and suddenly there's four trips in three weeks).

Truthfully, I feel like I could sleep ten hours a night. I hate how it's dark by the time I get home, so we do homework and dinner at what feels past bedtime. Ack - makes me want to burrow until spring.

But other than being sick and Husband-less, we're still doing quite well. The Boy got his braces off, whoop!

(Must find picture. I have the energy to blog or find pictures. Not both.)

The Boy also turned 10, which is kinda crazy. We're out of the single digits at this house.

We turned the screens off Monday-Thursday, much to the dismay of the munchkins. I'm sure other families can find a balance, but not ours. There just isn't enough time to play Minecraft AND do homework AND practice piano AND have a nice family dinner. So it was computer or dinner.

(The kids are probably just as grouchy as if they skipped meals.)

But I love it. They're much friendlier kids when they don't have to be extracted from the depths of computer games. They fight less. They read way more.

And we're not completely heartless - we said that any video game that makes them move is okay. So there's some epic dance-offs.

Oh! And a New Year's Resolution update. There've been some major failures - I do not score 100% for having slept in my own bed every night in 2013. But I'm getting better! And it's making a difference. I'm less tired at work and I'm not so panicky when I wake up. So yay me!

Now all I need is some sunshine on my commute and we'll be good to go.


0 comments:

Post a Comment