Snow Day!

 Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Well, ish.


"Ish" in terms of the snow. It definitely looks like a winter wonderland out there.

And The Husband got the snowblower out for the third time this winter.

But it's not all snow getting blown. It's actually a sloppy, gloppy, slippery mess of ice and sleet and rain and snow.

And we have a loooooooong driveway. He made it down okay (not sure if he was able to actually stop), but we'll have to cross fingers for getting back up at the end of the day.

And it's "ish" in terms of the day, too. The kids' school is starting two hours late due to the weather. Tell me - how is that helpful? Parents still have to juggle and figure out what to do with their kids. There's no point in going to work if the school bus only comes at 10. Why not just call it so I can send them downstairs to watch TV all day and make their brains as sloppy as the snow?

Fortunately, I was late for work today so was still home in time to get the call. And, even more fortunately, my job can be done equally well from my kitchen table as from my cubicle, so I can throw the kids on the bus and get cracking.

(Working from home also allows for elastic waist pants, huzzah!)

Happy Leap Day, everyone!

(And Happy Birthday Frederic, you poor wand'ring one! Here's to another four years off your pirate contract!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment