In Which PM Makes Excuses

 Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Oy! Over a month since I last posted? Already? Time flies when you're having fun doing the working girl/(often single) mom thing.


Busy times at the PM household. As usual, I guess. Weeknights are a blur of piano/cello/homework/supper. Weekends are either full of projects or else full of nothing (if we are tired of projects). The Husband has been doing a lot of travelling lately, too, so I get first, second, and third shift a good deal of the time.

Beyond that, work has been on the crrrr-azy side lately. And while software manuals might not win me a Giller or a GG, they *do* use up a lot of the ol' creative juices (hey, those sentences don't parallel structure themselves), so far too often my personal computing time ends up being on the passive I-just-want-to-read-someone-else's-blog side.

So now that you know that the dog ate my homework, am I forgiven?

Almost?

How about some pictures:

More fun with leaves!

We figure we've got most of them bagged now. Just in time for the snow!

The Girl sewing a blanket. Super craft girl lately.

The Boy just finished up soccer. Hooray for getting our weekends back!

The highlight of football this year was that their league got to play at the Metrodome. My favourite part about this picture is that everyone else is totally blurry and he's almost totally in focus. That's pretty much his football MO. I'm trying to hint gently to The Husband that the NFL may not be the most solid of retirement plans anymore.


Proud papa and son at the Metrodome (look at that fancy new roof!).

Hallowe'en loot. How she got all that in one hour is beyond me. She was a "Cat Princess" this year. No pic of The Boy. He reprised his princely role from the Renaissance Festival, but his costume came off as soon as he got in the door. He got similar amounts of candy though. Oy!

To top it all off, I had my birfday on Saturday. If I get the biblical threescore-and-ten, I'm halfway there. Watch this space for a mid-life crisis! And hopefully if I do have one, I'll actually blog about it before my next birthday!

2 comments:

Margaret November 9, 2011 at 7:41 PM  

I missed you - glad for the recap!

Marilyn P November 10, 2011 at 12:04 AM  

You are forgiven! We KNOW you have a busy life, but you have a great way of writing about it, and that's why we love to follow you. Blessings on you, your family and your sometimes-crazy life.

Post a Comment