Ready...Set...

 Saturday, October 1, 2011

It's race day tomorrow!


I signed up for the TC10 waaaay back in June, back when I had only recently stopped running longer distances and back when I figured it would be easy to get back up there.

Urgh.

But, I bought my new shoes so some style and some fear have kicked my butt back into gear a bit. Of course, school starting plus the stomach flu has kept my training miles since then down to a not very respectable 40ish. (Clinging to that "ish"!)

I'm not nervous; more ambivalent. I definitely don't feel ready, but at the same time don't care a whole lot about how well I do, since the entire point of races for me is to set up some kind of a tangible goal. I am a tad concerned about the course; the other day The Husband (who has run this course two years in a row) said, "you know there's hills, right?"

No. I did not.

Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment