A Week of Saturdays

 Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ahhhhhh.


It's vacation time at the PM house! And I'm sitting in my sunny sunroom, drinking coffee, blogging...and listening to the gentle pounding of the jackhammers outside tearing up my entire street.

But really, if you're going to have a week where you have no driveway access, this is the week to do it. We're doing the "staycation" thing (i.e. we bought a house and have no $$ to go anywhere this year). I'm hanging out with the kids all week and The Husband is taking off a couple of days later this week.

It's also not a bad thing to have some enforced down-time when you think of the summer the kids have had. They lurved their YMCA camps what with all the field trips and cookouts and tie-dyeing and GaGa Ball (The Boy's fave - it sounds like volleyball in a pit). But it's busy, and it means they get up earlier and return home later in summer than they do during the school year.

I kinda want them to get bored and even fight a little this week. That's what summer's all about, right? (Remind me I said that when I'm breaking up the umpteenth fight over the remote control today.)

Yesterday I finished my book and we walked down to the new gelato place (Black Cherry Zinfandel - wine in ice cream? Oh yes.). I've already been down to the lake for my run this morning, and today's agenda has only a pencilled-in "head down to the park with the wading pool." There's friends coming for supper to sit on the deck and watch the paving progress tonight. Tomorrow? Well, not really thinking about that yet....

It's a wide open week with only the odd commitment and otherwise vast, empty spaces on the calendar. Love it!

2 comments:

Marilyn P August 16, 2011 at 10:39 AM  

I love it, too... especially seeing you back in blog-ville. Enjoy your week!

Margaret August 16, 2011 at 9:25 PM  

Missed you Amy - glad you're back!

Post a Comment