The Best Birthday Ever?

 Saturday, November 6, 2010

Peitricia this day is thirty-four,
(We shan't dispute a year or more:)
However, Peitricia, be not troubled,
Although thy size and years are doubled,
Since first I saw thee at sixteen,
The brightest virgin on the green;
So little is thy form declin'd;
Made up so largely in my mind.

Oh, would it please the gods to split
Thy beauty, size, and years, and wit;
No age could furnish out a pair
Of nymphs so graceful, wise, and fair;
With half the lustre of your eyes,
With half your wit, your years, and size.
And then, before it grew too late,
How should I beg of gentle Fate,
(That either nymph might have her swain,)
To split my worship too in swain.

(Apologies to Stella, for whom this was originally written, and to Jonathan Swift, who worships me less, perhaps, than I him.)

Ahhh, what a good birthday. Birthdays should always be on Saturdays. I slept in (until 7:45, whoop!) and then went for a gorgeous 10-mile run. (Seriously - I can't ever remember a warmer birthday.)

My family took me out for greek food for lunch and we had the best hummus and spinach pie I've had in ages. Then - because they love me sooooo much - they all came on my errands with me, and complained only a teensy-weensy bit about having to be in the grocery store.


Also, there were presents!

My coupons from my sweet boy. After our errands, though, I was informed that I am not actually allowed to cash in the "go grocery shopping" coupon.

Homemade Yu-gi-oh cards - family version. My special ability is "She can't be destroyed in battle. I can summon al 4 family members. For every monster on the field, she gains 1,000 ATK and DEF." Ohhhhh yeah - I've got 9999 attack points and 9999 defense points. Beat that.

Two of my favourite things - coffee and my beloved CBC. Ahhh - I shall be sipping Starbucks as I listen to Bob and Tom and Rich.

Aaaaand...it's more CBC - old school. Doesn't it make you miss Casey and Finnegan?

If that weren't enough, we've got a banquet and a dance: it's Daylight Saving today!!! My favouritest day of the year and it's on my birthday. What are the chances? Pretty much a million to one, I'm sure.

And with that, off to spend an extra hour celebrating. Yay me!

1 comments:

Chrystie November 6, 2010 at 10:50 PM  

Thought about you all day! Sooo glad it was a gooder. I am thinking that we need to go back to Vegas, where you can don your CBC shirt, and The Husband his Nordiques tee...you would win the "Most Popular Couple" award fo sho! I love you! Happy Birthday, my sweet PM!

Post a Comment