Baby, It's Cold Outside!

 Monday, November 17, 2008

And not in a cutesy-yet-mildly-threatening call and answer song (no means no, loser!) kind of way. Oh my goodness, it was FREEZING today!

I've gotten totally soft living this far south in the balmy Icebox of the Nation, I'll admit it. I only just put my fall coat away a couple of weeks ago, and already I'm complaining that my winter coat plus mittens is not enough. Of course, I also go tripping out of the house at 5:30 am bare-headed with only thin skirts and nylons to cover the parts of my legs that show, so really, who's to blame on this one.

There's also the issue that it's halfway through November whilst my internal clock suggests we're somewhere in late September. Hello?! Since when are we forty-ish days away from Christmas? I rage every time I see holiday decorations, yet really we're not all that far off. Although I do maintain that it's too early to have the tree up (people by the lake into whose window I was peeping yesterday - your presumptuous festivity does not go unnoticed).

But, despite Time moving at such an offensive pace and the unwelcome cold and ever-present darkness that accompanies mid-November, there's lots of reasons to smile. Here - to brighten your day, The Girl's handiwork:


Now who can be sad when there's suns and rainbows and someone tells you "your part of my hart." Only people whose hearts are made of stone.

2 comments:

Laurel November 17, 2008 at 6:03 PM  

You're right. How can you be sad when you're part of someone's hart. I *hart* her.

Anonymous,  November 18, 2008 at 7:37 AM  

I'm jealous. That's far superior to being woken up at 6:30 by a shrieking toddler who just wants to sit on your lap and fart.

Post a Comment