So What If I Had to Work Today? I Got Homemade Pie This Weekend!

 Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Turkey Day, everybody! I kind of forgot about it, actually, until my mom emailed me to tell me about the fantabulous dinner my family's having tonight. Without me. Sigh. We're having leftovers.

But I have zero complaints, given that those leftovers are from our also fantabulous weekend. Some dear Canadian friends came to stay awhile and it was awesome. There was bike riding and apple picking (see below) and kids playing and LegoLand-ing and IKEA-ing and DDR-ing.

And, my sweet friend made not one, but two pumpkin pies for us. Given that last year's ode to Thanksgiving was Sara Lee, this year's pies (the nutmeg! the cinnamon! the whipped cream!) sent me over the moon.

Being filled to the brim with post-company happiness, I definitely had an easier time being thankful today than I would have ordinarily while sitting at my desk on a business-as-usual kind of work day. So while y'all were taking your mettaschloppes, I was thinking of all the things for which I'm grateful:

1. A smooth transition to the new house/school. Hard to believe it's only been six weeks.

2. Our church. We went yesterday after a couple weeks off, and it was nice to go and feel like we belonged.

3. My job. Still stresses me out sometimes, but it definitely feels like I'm starting to find my footing. Plus, given the crazy economic times, I'm pumped to have a job.

4. The three that make up the other 3/4 of the Peitricia Mae clan. Super-dee-dooper kids and a loving, incredibly patient husband (not that living with me is anything but sunshine and lollipops) make for some very shiny days.

5. The fall colours. There is so much red down here and the trees are simply blazing away.

6. A beautiful weekend. It was 26 degrees here yesterday!

7. Garden of Eatin' tortilla chips. Best ever.

8. The peace that passeth understanding.

9. All the folks in Canada who love us and still miss us and disprove the ol' "out of sight, out of mind" nonsense.

10. The Jetta's seat warmers. May your hearts be as warm today as they make my fanny.



1 comments:

4ever29 October 13, 2008 at 7:50 PM  

I still have fond memories of the pies that you made when you had Thanksgiving with us years ago. Glad to hear things are well down south.

Post a Comment